We’re excited to share a sneak peek of a recent style file shoot we did with Erin McGinn this past week. Stay tuned for the upcoming full post!
This weeks Wedding Wednesday features our bombshell redhead bride, Elise who married this year in Newport!
Elise wanted a softer look for her bridal beauty style. The ladies got ready for the event at the Hotel Viking in downtown Newport. She opted for down-styled, side-swept hair with loose curls and played up her eyes with a subtle daytime smoky eye. Elise’s bridesmaids chose a mixture of both updos and down-styles with natural, flawless makeup. Oh, and can we discuss these gorgeous bridesmaid dresses and beautiful bouquets?! The colors are everything!
My favorite fashion week of the year, Fall Couture in Paris! Kicking off on Sunday, Versace showed a collection inspired by the 1950′s. On Monday, Raf Simmons’ collection for Dior was divided into eight parts, all focused on a different era. Chanel showed on Tuesday and was the highlight of the week for me. The locale and collection based off of Le Corbusier’s old Paris apartment. These shows are just to name a few. Other designers this week included Valentino, Giambattista Valli, Margiela, and Ulyana Sergeenko, and Armani Privé.
Take a look at this Wedding Wednesday, featuring one of our September 2013 brides, Lisa, who married last year in Newport. Lisa chose a soft curled, smooth side parted pony and a subtle smokey eye. This look was created by our talented Jennie Kay Beauty artist, Shelby. Lisa was one of the sweetest people we’ve had the privilege of working with and looked absolutely beautiful on her wedding day.
Must have hair product used: Tigi Headrush
Blush: NARS Orgasm
Lipstick: Makeup Forever Liner in 1c with MAC lipgloss in Underage
Bridal Prep Location: The Attwater
Venue: Castle Hill
Hair & Makeup: Jennie Kay Beauty
Post by Stephanie Hynson
2. Create a side part with a tail comb, just above the arch in your eyebrow.
3. On the side of your hair opposite your part, take a small vertical slice of hair.
4. Split this section into two pieces and smooth them with your fingers and a tiny amount of pomade.
5. Gently tie a “knot” with these two pieces like how you would tie your shoes.
6. Gently pull to secure the “knot”. Now you can either pin this into place or create another section by simply repeating steps 3-5. Just be sure to include the previous two strands of hair.
7. Finish the look with a quick all over spritz of a light hold hairspray.
*For another styling option, after you complete step 6, gather all of your hair into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic. Wrap a small section of hair around the base of the ponytail and pin it to conceal the elastic. This gives a more polished look to the pony. Set the style with a light hold hairspray.
Graphic Design by Grace Abbott